I hold M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, and a B.S. in Physics and Applied Chemistry summa cum laude from Beloit College in Wisconsin.
I am a published scholar with professional experience in feature article writing, technical manuscript drafting and editing, blogging, social media strategy development, website design, and workshop design and implementation.
I also have a broad technical background from 6+ years as an undergraduate course instructor in the physics and engineering disciplines.
With a passion for enhancing public science literacy and helping other scientists and engineers as they build successful careers.
Success – it’s all in the numbers
- >1200 manuscripts, including full-length master’s theses and dissertations, edited with a 100% on-time completion rate
- 10+ years as a contract-based technical editor
- 6+ years of coaching students in résumé and cover letter drafting for success in science and engineering career paths
- 1.5 years as a science writer and social media content and strategy manager for the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of Natural History
- 1.5 years authoring feature articles and press releases for the National Science Foundation and American Physical Society
- 2 years as a staff writer for the Berkeley Science Review, an award-winning graduate student-run publication
- Experienced with MS Office and macOS X products, LaTeX, and WordPress
Examples of my work
Below, I have included links to my most recent scholarly publication, a blog post, two feature articles, and a press release, as well as an example of a job-tailored résumé.
- Scholarly publication in Scientific Reports
- Example résumé
- Smithsonian Institution blog post
- APS News feature article
- American Physical Society press release
- National Science Foundation feature article
Looking for an experienced editor to help polish off your manuscript or résumé? In need of a versatile science writer, web content developer, or social media strategist to help you build your brand? Hoping to find a mentor to help you start building your scientific career?
With my service commitment, you’ll receive the same quality product and professional service with customization that a major company would provide – but at a lower cost.
I invite you to contact me directly via email or by using the form below.